Friday 8 July 2016

Nick Cannon Joins New York City Protests For #BlackLivesMatter & Urges Supporters 'Don't Just Hashtag It'



The America's Got Talent host took to the streets of New York City to protest the recent deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, who were both fatally shot by police in two separate parts of the country within 24 hours.

He urged other Celebrities to do more than just post online.

On Thursday, the 35-year-old posted pictures of himself on Instagram marching through the city with a megaphone wearing an "I Can't Breathe" T-shirt and captioned:

"Me and my Squad out here taking our streets back!! @hawk.newsome and my team shutting NY down for #altonsterling #philandocastile and all injustice #BlackLivesMatter Don't just Hashtag it Be about it!"

He told ET:

"I like to live it. I'm kinda putting my money where my mouth is. I'm putting my efforts where my mouth is, and I'm actually in the community. I know we're all upset about a lot of things that are going on. Instead of getting out and just talking about it, I'm really trying to do it…You're gonna see a lot more T-shirts. But we're not just wearing T-shirts. We're actually out here making a difference."

See the rest of His post:


{Image via Instagram.}

No comments:

Post a Comment