Thursday 30 June 2016

Letter To Karma


Dazzling with beauty,
Silk petals of lonely scented rose.
Deluded with its beauty,
A facade of happiness emerged.


You were damned to pluck,
My thorns pricked you.
It wasn't the side you touched,
Or how you held me,
You built me a castle and I chose the tiny cottage.
I was a coward when the storm came,
but how could I face you?

Let you I had fallen
Fallen out of the warmth and love you wrapped me in.
How could I breath?
While you suffocated in pain
I watched you loose,
Empty and alone was what you became.

Now smitten by your guardian angel
I'm just a sad script in the theater of fools
Fighting demons I awoken
In a never ending drama.
Bleeding heart in a cold night,
My finger print found at the scene.

I wished you the world,
while letting your world fall apart.
You fell for me,
and I stumbled into desire,
Inevitable were the emotions I could not suppress.

Words mean nothing
To the ear with a bleeding heart.
My putrid heart was your moon,
When daylight came you stood alone.

Making choices at a crossroad,
I took the right turn,
It lead to a dead end.
Wondering why I'm chasing yet another shadow
So I write this letter to karma
I've never hurt a soul on purpose.

Ugonna Ejiogu

No comments:

Post a Comment